No matter how deeply spiritual we may consider our meditation practice to be–and all transcendent notions aside–at some point we all wonder what to do about things like itches, pain, yawning and so forth on the meditation cushion. So in the video above, I tried to tackle them all:
- I yawn a lot during meditation. What should I do?
- When I have an itch, should I scratch or try to remain perfectly still?
- What should I do if my foot falls asleep?
- What should I do if I start to cry?
- If something begins to ache (knee, ankle, shoulder, etc), it is ok to move.
Sign up for The Open Heart Project for Susan’s meditation instruction sent right to your inbox twice a week. Free.