A way to start your day with courage

On days when I feel most afraid or nervous (such days are not infrequent), this brief exercise helps me drop into a place of courage. Use as needed!

With love, Susan

Audio-only version can be downloaded here.

Bookmark and Share

18 Comments

1. AC { 04.07.14 at 3:36 am }

Thanks Susan

• Susan Piver { 04.07.14 at 1:43 pm }

You are very welcome.

2. elizabeth { 04.07.14 at 3:38 am }

Hello Susan, thank you for this practice. I love what you say about courage for you being a sense of ease and power without aggression. Because of not wanting to exhibit aggression I have often relinquished power, to my cost. Now I can see how to connect with that power and ease in my heart and for it to flow out in kindness and gentleness. Power without aggression. Wonderful. Bless you.

• Susan Piver { 04.07.14 at 1:44 pm }

I love reading these words, Elizabeth.

3. Catharine { 04.07.14 at 6:17 am }

Perfect for today! Today I will reflect on having a fearless heart when I need to…so amazingly profound for me……….to have this for the day.
    Thank you Susan.
    Catharine or Catie

• Susan Piver { 04.07.14 at 1:44 pm }

You are very welcome, Catharine or Catie! ;-)

4. Maria { 04.07.14 at 8:17 am }

Thank you Susan, I really was touched by your words. I woke up after a night of very little sleep incredibly nervous. A friend died yesterday of an apparent accidental overdose. I am so very sad and also feel so lost and scared. I know this is where I need more courage today and in the upcoming days to somehow make sense of this or to be with that which I cannot make sense of. Either way the thought that this is an area where I need to be more brave and courageous makes me feel stronger than when I first woke up. Thank you.

• Susan Piver { 04.07.14 at 1:45 pm }

Maria, I am so sorry for this loss. It is impossibly painful and frightening. Please be very gentle with yourself and I’m glad this practice was there for you. Sending so much love, Susan

5. Mark Anderson { 04.07.14 at 10:23 am }

Wonderful video today, Susan! Straight to the heart of the matter of what people need on a Monday.

Love,
    Mark

• Susan Piver { 04.07.14 at 1:45 pm }

Bring it, Monday!!

6. Loreen { 04.07.14 at 12:25 pm }

a message I needed to hear today – thanks for doing this work

• Susan Piver { 04.07.14 at 1:45 pm }

You are very welcome, Loreen.

7. Linda { 04.07.14 at 2:36 pm }

Thank you, Susan, for sharing your wisdom and, for just being you!
    I hope you feel the love and appreciation emanating from those of us who look forward to sitting with you each week.
    Namaste,
    Linda

• Susan Piver { 04.07.14 at 2:37 pm }

Linda, this is so lovely! And very, very appreciated. Thank you.

8. Cheryl { 04.07.14 at 2:48 pm }

This was so inspiring today, thank you Susan. Big changes in my life – divorce, losing job (because my husband and I work together), selling home of 30 years & moving to a new state… basically starting over at the age of 52. I am independently minded, but I struggle with finding a balance of courage in the face of fear going forward and sadness for what will be left behind. I have true self compassion and allow myself to feel my feelings when ever they come up and I am working on being ok with the unknown – that truly is the hardest part for me. So in the spirit of Spring and new beginnings, today I’m choosing to plant the seeds of courage & fearlessness in my heart, having faith going forward that they will grow & blossom in their own time.

• Susan Piver { 04.09.14 at 7:20 am }

Cheryl, I admire your strength and courage! Sending love, Susan

9. Paula { 04.08.14 at 11:08 pm }

Thanks a lot, is really wonderful to listen to your words. just as Linda said, looking forward to sitting with you each week. I am thankful for your project.

• Susan Piver { 04.09.14 at 6:32 am }