- This event has passed.
The Enneagram: An Exploration of the Nine Types with Susan Piver – AUSTIN, TX
October 3, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$20.00
The enneagram is a surprisingly rich and nuanced system for understanding yourself and others. It is especially useful in the effort to see yourself with love—which is the key to confidence in all things.
You may have every good intention of being kind to yourself, more toward loving others, and fearless about accomplishing your most meaningful goals, but, if you’re anything like me, you find that you recreate certain obstacles over and over through:
* Harsh self-talk
* Repeating the same arguments with loved ones
* Running into the same obstacles at work
* An inability to communicate with certain types of people
* Putting off commitments to yourself
What if there was a way to rewire the thinking that creates these obstacles?
I have discovered that there is indeed such a way and it is called the enneagram.
I have studied this system for more than twenty years and I use it every single day to understand myself, communicate with students and colleagues, and deepen my closest relationships. It is rich, accurate, and powerful beyond what I could ever describe. Over time, my experience as a student and teacher of Buddhism has flavored my understanding of the system and therefore I have my own particular way of presenting it.
For years and years, I shared–some would say foisted on :-)– my enneagram knowledge with friends only. Then I taught a few online workshops. To date, I have only taught it in person once. This will be the second time!
During our evenings together, you will learn about:
* The history of the enneagram
* The nine personality types: their fixations, talking styles,
and path to liberation
* How to type yourself
* The three centers of intelligence and how to identify your
* The three instinctual drives and how to identify your primary
* How these drives influence each type
* What to avoid when typing others
* How the enneagram can help you to communicate more effectively with both friends and enemies.
We will close our experience by watching pre-selected film clips that present the various types so that we can gain a more visceral sense of how each type moves through the world.
THIS PROGRAM IS LIMITED TO 15 PEOPLE.
$20.00 per class
Here’s how to grab your spot: Eventbrite link coming soon.
I look forward to seeing you there and sharing this system that has brought so much love and kindness into my life. <3 Susan